Friday, December 30, 2005
War News Predictions 2006
It's the time of year to join a gym and make resolutions and predictions. Leaving aside the gym and resolutions, I want to see how many mystical posters we have here. It's time for predictions on the War on Terror and the Bush Junta for 2006. Here are mine.
· Casualties of the Coalition of the Killing will hit the 3,000 mark in early July.
· Bush’s approval ratings will be the lowest in living memory for a President of the United States.
· Today in Iraq will be viewed by over 2m posters by November.So OK, I cheated on the above, they were just extrapolations. Now, for the mystical stuff.
· Saddam will be alive on Dec 31, 2006
· Zarqawi (and OBL) will still be “officially” alive on Dec 31, 2006
· Iran will not be attacked.
· Syria will be under heavy UN sanctions but Assad still in power.
· US troop levels will not fall below 130,000.
· Oil barrel prices will pass the $80 dollar mark in June.
· Iraq will remain a quagmire.